New Ott-inspired colours for his bass-approved line-up
Rapala US pro Ott Defoe has been working hard in his garage designing five new bass-approved colour patterns for his OG Slim 6 line-up of baits.
“I’ve been painting and testing my own lure patterns in my garage for several years,” says Ott. The OG (Ott’s Garage) model is a non-rattling, easy-casting crankbait that swims with a medium wobble and tight, side-to-side action. It sports a light, circuit board lip and dives to six feet when fishing on 12lb test line.
The five new colour patterns are:
• Bream: Blackish-blue back with scale pattern, green and yellow sides with black shad spot and orange throat.
• Copper Green Shad: Green with brown scale pattern with black shad spot; pearl white body and orange throat.
• Hot Copper Green Shad: Green with brown scale pattern with black shad spot, chartreuse sides and belly and orange throat.
• Classic Craw: Black back, red sides with crawfish-scale pattern and orange belly.
• Coosa Special: Brown-black back, yellow sides with scale pattern and two vertical stripes with scale pattern and orange throat and underside of tail section. “This colour could be a dynamite one,” say Ott.
Tacklestream showcases the best fishing tackle from around the world, sourced by the editorial team from Angling International – the No.1 news platform for the angling trade for more than 15 years. The editors of Angling International have the inside track on the new gear being developed and tested by your favourite tackle brands, long before it hits the shops. Our Tacklestream subscribers receive the hottest information on the fishing tackle of the future. And as part of your subscription you will also be auto-enrolled into our monthly tackle giveaway competitions – no extra sign-ups, no extra payments, no catches, just your chance to win free tackle EVERY MONTH.