There’s a new name in the Shimano Magnumlite Concept range. The visually stunning Vanford is a completely new, ultra-lightweight model that’s been engineered and designed for use in both freshwater and saltwater environments.
Voted as the winner of the Best Freshwater Reel category at ICAST Online 2020.
What to tell your customers
- For anglers looking for a reel that’s going to help them with their ultra-light finesse fishing the Vanford ticks all the boxes.
- Aimed primarily at lure anglers that need to ‘feel’ what’s happening underwater, the Vanford has been built with Shimano’s exclusive weight-saving CI4+ composite material, making it one of the lightest reels ever built.
- Lure control is increased due to its unique Magnumlite (MGL) rotor design that seriously helps with reeling sensitivity and rotation lightness.
- Don’t worry about how tough this reel is either! While its aimed at finesse anglers and light lure applications, Shimano has incorporated X Protect (IPX8) technology. It’s this technology that keeps out water and dirt therefore increasing the longevity of the reel’s performance.
- Any anglers struggling to make those long and accurate casts with small lures will see an increase in their distance due to the reel’s Long Stroke Spool. With its additional length, it’s been proven to increase casting distance by up to 17 percent.