In the UK they are taking carp rods to the next level
Daiwa Carp says that it has taken carp rods to the next level with the introduction of the BASIA X45X.
It says: “The renowned Magnum Taper profile, incorporating the next generation of torque busting X45X, has allowed us to create the very best carp rod available. Designed and built at Daiwa UK, we applied the very latest design and material technology.
“We have also applied the ‘near skeletal’ TDG guides, making the rod lightweight and super responsive. An Alps ARD reel seat, with double locking screw, also ensures a super secure fitting for the reel.”
Six rods form the range: 3.25lb and 3.75lb in both 12ft and 13ft, plus dedicated 12ft Spod (4.5lb) and Marker (4.25lb) editions.
- X45X: X45X Full Shield is the next generation of Bias Carbon Technology developed by Daiwa engineers in Japan. The innovative composition of 45° bi-directional fibres can now be applied throughout the whole rod structure, gaining even greater torque resistance and higher casting energy conversion.
- HVF nanoplus: High Volume Fibre has been developed to reduce the volume of weighty resin but increase the proportion of power giving carbon fibre. The addition of nano size reinforcing fibres throughout the resin combine and bond during curing to create an added bridge of strength.
- V JOINT Alpha: The technology eliminates potential flat spots that occur at the joint section of the rod. It gives you a perfect playing and casting action.
- TDG Guides: These guides are lighter in weight than the traditional ceramic guides. Their larger internal diameter compared with ceramic guides means line can travel faster and more cleanly through them. They also offer greater sensitivity and feel and have a special Adaman coating to enhance protection.
- Japanese Shrink Grip: Daiwa says it only uses the best hard wearing shrink on all the UK made rods. This ensures the best finish and feel for a carp rod handle.
- Alps ARD reel seat: These are the latest in reel seat technology. Machined from ultra-high grade corrosion resistant 61XX aluminium. The ripple drop pattern on the convex back provides enhanced grip and feel.
Tacklestream showcases the best fishing tackle from around the world, sourced by the editorial team from Angling International – the No.1 news platform for the angling trade for more than 15 years. The editors of Angling International have the inside track on the new gear being developed and tested by your favourite tackle brands, long before it hits the shops. Our Tacklestream subscribers receive the hottest information on the fishing tackle of the future. And as part of your subscription you will also be auto-enrolled into our monthly tackle giveaway competitions – no extra sign-ups, no extra payments, no catches, just your chance to win free tackle EVERY MONTH.