New rod has Euro nymphing techniques covered
US rod brand Redington has introduced the STRIKE to give anglers an advantage while Euro nymphing, one of the most effective ways of catching trout in streams.
It boasts a new and focused model line-up that covers the most popular lengths and weights for this style of fishing. In addition, it features a new medium-fast action blank, improving the accuracy and ease of casting.
With a traditional down-locking reel seat, micro-fighting butt, single-foot guides and re-shaped handle for better balance points, the STRIKE is tuned and outfitted for the finest details applied in Euro nymphing techniques.
Added features include a new stripping guide, optimally positioned to remove line sag, and two tip-positioned snake guides that prevent fine leaders from wrapping around the guides when casting or repositioning the drift.
It comes complete with superior presentation control and strike sensitivity thanks to a new responsive tip.
- Medium-fast action with extra-sensitive tip section for increased strike detection
- Re-shaped handle, allowing the angler a better balance point closer to the reel
- CNC machined and anodised aluminium reel seat with micro-fighting butt
- Single-foot guides to reduce weight
- Two tip-positioned snake guides prevent fine leaders from wrapping around the end of the rod
- Unpainted blank for stealth appearance and prevention of rod flash
- Epoxy-coated section tips to prevent sticking points
- Includes ballistic-style rod tube with built-in rod dividers
- Lifetime warranty
- Sizes 2100-4, 3106-4 and 4106-4
Tacklestream showcases the best fishing tackle from around the world, sourced by the editorial team from Angling International – the No.1 news platform for the angling trade for more than 15 years. The editors of Angling International have the inside track on the new gear being developed and tested by your favourite tackle brands, long before it hits the shops. Our Tacklestream subscribers receive the hottest information on the fishing tackle of the future. And as part of your subscription you will also be auto-enrolled into our monthly tackle giveaway competitions – no extra sign-ups, no extra payments, no catches, just your chance to win free tackle EVERY MONTH.